eBay Store Logo

eBay Store Logo

Friday, October 25, 2013

Lilly Pulitzer: She makes me smile

One of my favorite brands to find is Lilly Pulitzer. Once you find one you will recognize them whenever you see them. Lilly is bright, fun and scream summer time to me. Lilly Pulitzer items are very preppy casual. Made to be relaxing and fun. I dare you to find one of her Low Rider pattern items and not smile. Monkeys riding horses is just fun. Low Rider Skirt now didn't that make you smile?

Lilly Pulitzer got her start making shift dresses for herself to cover the orange and grapefruit juice stains she got working at her fruit stand. Customers started asking about her dresses so she started making them to sell at her stand. There came a point when her dresses were making more money then her fruit. But she really took off when Jackie Kennedy (a old classmate) was photographed on vacation  wearing one of her dresses. And her clothing and prints are timeless and wonderful.

The hardest part of selling Lilly Pulitzer is letting go of them. I haven't found one yet that I wouldn't have wanted to keep but I didn't. Second is identifying the pattern. Every Lilly has a "name" of the pattern. My favorite website to go to for identification is Lilly Pulitzer Id Site.

I have found numerous types of Lilly pieces like sweaters, skirts, skorts, dresses, tops and I know there are numerous more but those of the pieces I have found. The best selling ones for me are the girls' dresses. They are money in the bank. They are great for little girls because they are loose fitting, modest and colorful.

And if you are looking for some colorful items to add to your wardrobe you can't go wrong with Lilly. The quality is amazing. And with them being so colorful its really easy to match shoes and bags with all the color in the garment.

Here are some examples of my Lilly items I have listed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lilly-Pulitzer-White-Citron-Green-Yellow-Fruit-Cotton-Blend-Stretch-Skort-6-/400592451610?pt=US_CSA_WC_Shorts&hash=item5d452bb81a


http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lilly-Pulitzer-Adeline-Worth-Blue-May-Flowers-Ruffle-Print-Cotton-Dress-12-/310775702918?pt=US_CSA_WC_Dresses&hash=item485bace586


http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lilly-Pulitzer-Botttoms-Up-Chefs-Blend-Patch-Reversible-Wrap-Skirt-4-Frogs-/310775769995?pt=US_CSA_WC_Skirts&hash=item485badeb8b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lilly-Pulitzer-Pink-Green-Tropical-Toucan-Birds-Cropped-Stretch-Pants-Capris-4-/310761852563?pt=US_CSA_WC_Pants&hash=item485ad98e93

No comments:

Post a Comment