eBay Store Logo

eBay Store Logo

Monday, October 21, 2013

Selling Clothes on eBay

What a crazy weekend! Finally hit 1700 listings in my clothing store. Took longer then I thought it would but I really feel like I hit a milestone. Now hopefully the buyers will come and knock me back to down to below 1700. Some people say there is a "magic number" of listings that you can reach that will make the buyers come running. Hopefully mine is 1700.


And on Sunday I hit my local goodwill for 1/2 color change. I have never ever found as many clothing pieces in one day at one store. Now I have all 50 pieces processed and photographed and ready to list. It is still hard to pass up some of the brands in my don't buy list but there are some brands that I can't seem to sell. If you decide to sell clothing on eBay you will have to figure out what brands sell for you and what doesn't. Just because one brand doesn't sell for me doesn't mean it won't sell for you or anybody else.

As you go you will learn what brands sell for you and what doesn't. And sometimes you will run across a brand you don't know. I found this item http://www.ebay.com/itm/310773451791?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649 at a new thrift store in my area. I had never heard of this brand before and was really surprised that it sold in less then a week and for $49.99. The things that tipped me off about this brand? The quality was undeniable and the fact that it was made in Canada. The only way you will learn about brands you don't know is take a chance. Weigh the price against the chance you are willing to take that it is a winner.

I know some people swear by their smart phone (which I do have) but if you have ever been inside a thrift store you know the HUGE amount of clothes that are offered. and there really isn't time to look up all brands that I don't know. Weigh the price again the lesson you will learn either good or bad. And most thrift stores will issue a refund or store credit for any returns within 7 days. I have never returned anything to mine because I just write it off as a lesson learned but most brands I can always get back what I invested even if the brand turns out to be what I consider a flop.

Next post I will include some of my brands I shop for.






1 comment:

  1. excellent! I look forward to the list!! :) I had never heard of that brand either!

    ReplyDelete